3/17/11

Handkerchief Dye Job

My husband's grandmother is a sweetheart.  She religiously cut coupons for me every week and sends them to me so that I can save money.  A number of years ago she gave me a few vintage handkerchiefs and I have been meaning to do something with them for a while now.  I ran across this post on Once Wed about hand dyeing clothe napkins and thought it would be a great treatment for handkerchiefs too.

Subtle Color

Before Dye

In Process

Result
I dyed three handkerchiefs and was really happy with the result of a bluish tin to each of their edges.  It seems like a really delicate treatment, but artistic at the same time.  Now I need to decide him I'm going to frame them or use them as they were intended and give up my Kleenex habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...