11/2/09

Ornamental Tradition


Wedgwood Vera Wang 2008 Baby's First Christmas Ornament- buy here


As a child, my mom always bought an ornament for me every year for Christmas.  It was fun to decorate the tree and look at each ornament with the dates on them and the tree began to fill up as the years progressed.  The funny thing is that I have a few Snow White ornaments because pickings were slim back then.  It was always a trick,as I got older, to find an ornament relevant to what I had been doing that year.

A couple of years ago my mother-in-law gave me a box of my husband's annual ornaments, but I haven't been doing anything with his ornaments or mine.

I bought my son his first ornament last year (pictured above).  I look forward to finding him an ornament this year, too.  I think I am going to start a new tradtion that I will pull out the ornaments from my box and my husband's box that correspond with our son't age.  We can showcase all three ornaments together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...