A couple of years ago I saw a tablecloth that had been made out of paper doilies. It has stayed in my head and I decided to do my own version as a table runner.
Paper Snowflake Table Runner
- 1 roll 12" white tracing paper (found in drafting section of craft store)
- 1 pack (20) large paper doilies
- 1 pack small paper doilies
- Spray Mount
- Fold and cut the paper doilies to create snowflakes
- To flatten creased snowflakes, lay a few heavy boks over them.
- Cut trace paper to length desired. (I allowed the runner to overhang my table and creased the runner at the table edge to get it to lay nicely.)
- In a well ventilated environment (that's also spray mount/ sticky proof) spray one side of a snowflake and place on paper runner. Repeat until you get the desired look.