3/3/10

I'm Ready to Grill!

I'm doing a bit of magazine organizing right now, so you might start seeing scans from my magazine clippings.  I've discovered a new trick to clip pages from my favorite periodicals.  I use my gift wrap cutter (made by Scotch) to cut the pages out instead of the dangerous X-Acto knife that I used to use.  It's quicker, cleaner, and safer and I can't believe I didn't think of it before.


 
Corn on the Cob Coins
  •     8 ears of corn
  •     5 to 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
  •     1 teaspoon coarse salt
  •     1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Directions
  1. Preheat grill to high. Shuck 8 ears of corn, and cut each crosswise into 3/4-inch slices. Mound the corn coins on a large piece of parchment-lined foil.
  2. Scatter 5 to 6 tablespoons unsalted butter over corn, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon coarse salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper.
  3. Fold foil to form a packet, crimping edges to seal. Grill, covered, for 15 minutes.
This recipe is from the August 2009 Martha Stewart Living issue.  I cut it out of my magazine and realized that it is on her website.  Martha, pretty much, does the magazine clipping for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...