6/7/11

Giraffe Lamp

A while ago I saw this Jonathan Adler giraffe lamp for $395 and new I would never own it, but I really liked it.  I couldn't imagine buying a lamp for that much money.  I did keep an eye out for minimalistic animal lamps, though.

via Jonathan Adler

Along comes a Menards ad with a sale showcasing kids lamps and one of them has giraffes on it in garish colors.  The lamp is only $9.99 after rebate and I thought to my self that that's not a bad price for something I can modify a bit.So, I had my husband pick me up a lamp while he was on his weekly Menards run.  We I pulled the lamp out it definitely looked like a $10 lamp.

from Menards
I had white, glossy spray paint from a previous project and I taped off all none giraffe portions of the lamp.  After applying a few coats I had my new lamp and I don't think it looks like it was $10 anymore!  A pretty easy fix to an ugly lamp and I love the cost much more than $395.



It will be in the new nursery for the baby's arrival!

3 comments:

  1. You had such a great idea! I had seen this lamp in another photo that I saved and I couldn't figure out how to find it! Now I realize they had done the same thing and painted the lamp white. They probably saw your post as well! I bought one myself...but it wasn't the great deal you found! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance you still have this lamp and would be willing to sell it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...