7/14/11

Spicing up our Entry

Our front door was bare and needed something, anything.  It was so bare I never took a picture of it, so you will only see the after.


I wanted to have some low square pots with an eclectic mix of plants.  A few weeks ago we ran over to Walmart and found these square metal looking (actually plastic) pots for $25 each.  Their selection of plants was pretty decent, too, so we went ahead and purchased our medley of greenery.  I knew I wanted a variety of height and color that needed only partial sunlight:
  • Magenta Impatiens
  • Magenta Dragon Tree
  • Asparagus Fern
  • Coleus



Be assured this is not the end of our front door-scaping though.  I have a few ideas that I still want to implement.  I've been keeping my eye out for a larger doormat in magenta appropriate colors, but I haven't had any luck yet.  Some sort of decorative, but not country-fied/cheesy, door ornament is needed as well to make up for all the beige/tan at the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...